Sunday 5 December 2010

Off we go!

Wow! Had a great night in Cape Town and spent my first night on the ship. Not everyones luggage arrived this morning so one guy had to go on a shopping spree!!!
We set sail about 11am and the sea is rough already. I have been told it will get much worse. It's not affected me so far and I have just eaten my lunch. Some of the others are lying on their bunks.
It has really sunk in now what my expedition entails and just hope I can manage to get through without missing my family too much.
Don't be suprised if I am not in touch for a few days! We have been warned it is best not to use computers until we have found our sea legs!!

Check out here for a webcam view from the Conning tower on board the ship.

British Antarctic Survey for information about the team's work.

No comments: